Custom Type Design
Are you looking for a custom typeface to establish or reinvigorate your brand? Maybe you are looking for custom-designed fonts for an event or product launch? If so, you’re in the right place, I’d be happy to talk to you about tailoring a brief and price to suit your requirements.
In order to price a typeface design, I would need to establish a brief with you. There are many factors to consider, perhaps you might complete the form on this page – this will help to create that brief.
Note that my production process will be as follows:
- Finalise the brief and provide a glyph map – this details all the glyphs to be drawn, provided and adhered to.
- Begin initial sketches.
- Get your approval to proceed based on these pencil sketches.
- Begin working on screen and drawing initial characters.
- Get your approval for initial keywords and branding messages, e.g. “Your Company Name”, “Your Company Tagline”.
- Proceed to typeface completion.
- Testing of typeface for spacing and kerning.
- Hinting typeface for screen optimisation.
- Production and presentation of test documents for your approval. These will be an array of single lines and paragraphs at varying sizes to prove the typeface works as intended.
- Client feedback and revisions.
- Client approval and handover of final files.
Note also that a payment plan will need to be agreed upon with an initial deposit paid before any work is undertaken. I do not take on any speculative work.
Note that there is a minimum fee for each font weight produced and delivered. The price will increase dependent on the design brief.
Note that typeface design is a lengthy process, for example, a 4-weight typeface in both roman and italic to Adobe Latin 1 specifications will take at least 3 months to complete. If we are working to a deadline, this needs to be fully considered before project commencement.
If the above is agreeable to you, we can talk further.